Glasgow City Council (GCC) is changing its Bulk Waste Collection service from 5th July 2021. GCC have contacted us today (28/06//2021) and asked us to share the below information.
· Residents will be able to place requests online by first registering with “myaccount”. Full details and guidance is at www.glasgow.gov.uk/bulkywaste
· GCC will provide a limited phone line initially for 3 days a week for residents who cannot access the internet.
· Payment can be made by credit or debit card on our secure site and will be taken upfront.
· Residents will be provided with terms and conditions which provide information on their rights and obligations.
· Charges are:
- £35 for up to 10 standard items (£35 for each number up to 10 thereafter).
- £35 for each large electrical item – these will be collected separately for recycling.
- Special large items such as marble fireplaces, sheds, cast iron baths will continue to be charge on a half-hourly basis. . A full list is available on the GCC website - https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/bulkywaste·
· Residents will first be issued an acknowledgement and will then receive a follow up notification with a Collection Date - GCC aim to collect items within 28 days.
· Where GCC have been unable to collect for operational reasons, GCC will arrange a new Collection Date.
· More information including full terms and conditions, FAQs, lists of items GCC collect, how and where to present items, is on the GCC website www.glasgow.gov.uk/bulkywaste
· Residents can continue to visit GCC Household Waste Recycling Centres, and if items are in good condition, residents can also use Zero Waste Scotland's National Re-use Tool and donate these items to charity.
The link is here: https://wasteless.zerowastescotland.org.uk/articles/reuse-tool