Remember, remember - click the links below for essential community and safety information.
Glasgow City Council communication:
- Drumchapel ASB signs have now been installed on lampposts around Halgreen, Kendoon, Inchfad, Abbotshall and the Laurence estate.
- Firework reassurance letters have been sent out in the post to approx. 600 households in Halgreen, Kendoon, Abbotshall, Inchfad, Laurence estate, Southdeen Road and Southdeen Ave and Southdeen Road.
- Every high school across the city will receive the attached Firework Letter School Pupils document for wider dissemination.
- Parents/ guardians of the High School pupils will also receive a similar letter, noting the law around fireworks and contact information.
- Drumchapel Secondary School has had a Fire Reach course with Scottish Fire & Rescue (SF&R) and further assembly talks will take place with SF&R and Police Scotland in Drumchapel High and the schools across the west end, including Knightswood Secondary.
- SF&R and Police Scotland have been highlighting the safety first message at local community group meetings and while delivering safety sessions with local organisations to reiterate the message and increase confidence in reporting.
- The new CCTV equipment in Kendoon Avenue and Halgreen Avenue is currently being tested and uploaded onto the main system, a reminder that the local community can contact the CCTV operators on 0141 287 9999 if they require the cameras to capture any issues. We have not received any objections or queries regarding these cameras being installed, people have so far been particularly supportive.
- Installation of the chicane railings at the bottom section of the lane from Laurence Gardens to Kendoon is due to be finished before 5th Nov.
- We’re working with our Cleansing staff to target hotspot areas for bonfire materials and the uplift of flytipping. Residents should continue to report flytipping via the MyGlasgow APP or through www.glasgow.gov.uk
- G15 Youth Project are greatly assisting the action plan through ongoing street work and offering positive diversionary activities in the area and continue to regularly engage.
- Drumchapel Community Councils, Thriving Places, Housing Associations, third party organisations and community groups are being sent the attached community information and details on how they can assist with the local action plan.